COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Odessa Regional Medical Center is fully prepared to care for our patients and our community. Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented visitor restrictions in response to the increased presence of COVID-19 in our community that is designed to further protect our patients, their families and our staff.
We remain ready to serve all of your health care needs and have taken the necessary steps to ensure patients can receive care in a safe environment. Our stringent safety measures include: mandatory wearing of masks, social distancing in waiting areas, and vigilant cleaning in all areas, which includes the use of EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants validated for use against COVID-19.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain our top priority at Odessa Regional Medical Center.
Effective April 12, 2021 Odessa Regional Medical Center (ORMC) will reopen its facility to visitors. Visitors for patients admitted with COVID-19 will still be restricted but will be opened up for all other patients during set visiting hours.
Monday - Sunday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Extended visiting hours may be arranged at the discretion of the patient’s physician and the nursing supervisor/director.
Visitors are required to self-screen upon entrance and to wear a mask at all times while in the facility. Refusal to wear a mask will result in the revocation of visitation privileges. Look for the posted signs at our entrances to self-screen for symptoms, and also familiarize yourself with the infection prevention etiquette.
- Visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Extended visiting hours may be arranged at the discretion of the patient’s physician and the nursing supervisor/director.
- Only two (2) visitors are allowed in a patient room at any time.
- CCU patients can be visited from 8:00 am to 6:45 pm and 7:45 pm to 9:00 pm.
- If there are extenuating circumstances, two visitors inside CCU at a time but can switch out with other visitors waiting in the lobby.
- Children (14 years and older) of immediate relation to the patient (i.e. son/daughter) can visit but are limited to 2 hours per day with adult supervision at all times.
- Children are not allowed to visit inside the East Campus CCU, OR and Cath Lab areas but are permitted in the 2nd Floor East Campus waiting area.
- If patient in Labor & Delivery has to stay for extended recovery, only immediate siblings are allowed to enter for family bonding for 2 hours.
- Only immediate siblings are allowed to come and visit for 2 hours for family bonding in Postpartum.
Everyone on Steward properties should have a mask on, including patients and visitors.
This new measure has been put in place for your protection, as well as the protection of patients and hospital staff. We ask for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation in our commitment to keeping our community safe.