Odessa Regional Medical Center (ORMC) to Resume Elective Procedures and Surgeries for the Permian Basin
ORMC to Ensure Safe, Secure Access to Care Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Odessa Regional Medical Center (ORMC), a Steward Family hospital, has resumed offering elective health care procedures previously delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, as of April 22, 2020. As part of its “Safe & Ready” program, ORMC has taken additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive high-quality, compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – without fear of infection.
Steward Health Care’s early and robust preparation for the pandemic on a national scale allows it to proceed with an expansion of services to meet the needs of its patients and communities. Steward has collaborated with its world class physicians and developed protocols based on the latest clinical evidence to ensure the safety of patients and providers alike.
“From serious conditions to aches and pains, we know the health care needs of our patients and their families haven’t stopped,” said Stacey Brown, President of Odessa Regional Medical Center. “That’s why our clinics and emergency rooms are open, and we are scheduling medically appropriate elective procedures. Coronavirus has presented us with new challenges, but ORMC stands ready to meet all the health care needs of the Permian Basin community – in a safe, secure setting.”
ORMC is adhering to a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care will take place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Our Emergency Department has been reorganized to isolate potential COVID-19 cases, and still be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is still required.
Patients interested in more information should contact their physician’s office to inquire about scheduling a procedure.